How To Deal With Garage Sale Leftovers?
October 29, 2022
Published by Dallas Junk Guys
A garage/yard sale requires homework in form of putting posters around the vicinity and creating a Facebook event to ensure a maximum presence for a garage/yard sale. Besides that, you need to organize things in a neat way to lure prospective buyers. However, at the end of the day, you might end up selling many items that you wished to get rid of but there might be few/large number of unsold items. Undoubtedly, your overall mess has been reduced but you need to think of what to do with the heap of clutter that no one purchased. Do not let the leftover sale items become a headache for you. Here are some ideas that can come to your rescue.
- Recycle/Upcycle Unusable Items: Recycling: Old furniture, Ceramics, photographs, broken glass pieces, discarded electronic batteries, lights, etc. are a few items that can be easily recycled/upcycled. You just need to transport them to a nearby recycling center. Click here to view the list of recycling centers in Dallas, Texas.
- Arrange For Thrift Store Pick-Up: Organize a thrift store pickup. Plan beforehand and call them just after finishing your garage/yard sale and schedule the pickup. Most thrift generally offer free pickup and provide a receipt for taxes.
- Donate: You can donate your leftover items to a local church for a rummage sale. You can also donate unused items such as toys, books, etc. to a local school or daycare facility. They will appreciate your donations. Moreover, these organizations are Non-profit organizations so you will get a receipt for tax purposes too.
- Consider Selling The Leftover Via Virtual Sale on Social Media: Click a few photos of items that are left and post them on Facebook, Instagram, etc. It is advisable to upload pictures of the stuff along with brief descriptions of products so that interested buyers can shop easily.
- Call a Junk Hauler: If you do not want to take so much pain and undergo any of the above processes or is short of time to follow these, consider hiring professional junk haulers to haul away all your junk.
Dallas Junk Guys is your trusted, locally owned, and family-operated Dallas-based junk removal service provider in the Dallas, Plano, Richardson, Frisco, Allen, TX areas. We do it all, from paying attention to all the small details of your haul to tying up loose ends of all your furniture and other junk items and cleaning up afterward. With Dallas Junk Guys on board, you can be sure of getting a clean space when the job is done. Give us a call 469-884-0070 or contact us, and we’ll tell you about our free remote junk removal quoting options.